Checking health insurance status with Emirates ID
The Emirates ID is an essential document for citizens of the UAE. It not only serves as a form of identification but also enables them to access various services, including healthcare. Keeping track of medical insurance coverage is important for citizens to ensure they have access to quality healthcare when needed. Using an Emirates ID to check medical insurance is a straightforward process that can be performed in a few steps.
Step-by-Step Guide to Checking Medical Insurance in the Emirates ID:
1. Contact your healthcare provider:
The first step in checking your medical insurance coverage with Emirates ID is to reach out to your healthcare provider. You can do this by contacting their customer care department or by visiting their office.
2. Provide your Emirates ID number:
When you are in contact with your healthcare provider, provide them with your Emirates ID number. This will help them confirm your identity and verify your insurance coverage.
3. Verification of insurance status:
Once you have provided your Emirates ID number, the healthcare provider will verify your insurance status. The process of verifying medical insurance coverage through Emirates ID may take a few minutes to complete. However, once completed, the healthcare provider will furnish you with all the vital information. This information will enable you to make informed decisions regarding your healthcare and ensure that you have access to quality medical services when you need them.
4. Resolve any issues:
If there are any issues with your insurance coverage, the healthcare provider will assist you in resolving the issue. They will guide you through the process and ensure that your coverage is up-to-date.
Checking medical insurance with an Emirates ID is an easy and convenient process that ensures citizens have access to quality healthcare. Checking your medical insurance status on a regular basis ensures that you are licensed, insured, and ready for any medical emergency.
“Most insurers or TPAs (Third Party Administrators) have mobile applications where the insured can log in using their Emirates ID to keep track of all their covers, claim approval requests, and the network of providers.”
Hitesh Motwani, Chief Marketing Officer at InsuranceMarket.ae
Emirates ID and health insurance-linked
Since 2017, health insurance providers in the UAE have been connecting their policies with the Emirates IDs of their customers. Hospitals and clinics are also making sure they have Emirates ID card readers available, allowing them to easily check the health insurance status and coverage benefits of patients. This initiative aligns with the UAE government’s efforts to digitize services.
As a citizen of the UAE, having a linked Emirates ID and health insurance is crucial to ensuring that you have access to quality medical services when you need them. Understanding the link between the two is an important step in making informed decisions about your healthcare.
The Advantages of Connecting Emirates ID and Health Insurance:
- Ease of access: Citizens may easily access their medical insurance information and make educated healthcare decisions by linking their Emirates ID to their health insurance.
- Verification of coverage: When residents link their Emirates ID to their health insurance, they can immediately verify their coverage and ensure that they have access to quality medical services when they need them.
- Hassle-free claims: Citizens may simply file claims and receive reimbursement for medical costs with the Emirates ID connected to health insurance.
- Increased security: by linking Emirates ID and health insurance, people’s personal and financial information is securely saved and protected.
“Once the visa is stamped on your passport and the Emirates ID is printed, the policy number and Emirates ID number need to be emailed to the health insurance provider. The insurance will then be linked to your Emirates ID immediately.”
Sirajudeen Umer, Public Relations Manager at Supreme Businessmen’s Service
Can I use my Emirates ID card as medical insurance?
If you are a resident of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you may be familiar with the Emirates ID card. This card serves as a form of identification and is required for a variety of tasks, such as opening a bank account or renewing your passport. However, you may be wondering if the Emirates ID card can also be used as medical insurance. In this article, we will explore this topic in more detail.
The Emirates ID card is not a form of medical insurance on its own. Instead, it serves as proof of identity, which is often required when accessing healthcare services in the UAE. If you are a resident of the UAE, you are required to have health insurance coverage, which is typically provided by your employer. Some employers may offer health insurance coverage as part of their benefits package, while others may require employees to purchase their own coverage.
The Emirates ID card provides a wide range of benefits and services, such as comprehensive maternal care, dental treatments, emergency ambulance services, mental health support, childbirth expenses, diabetic testing supplies, doctor-assisted physiotherapy sessions, basic blood sugar diagnostic tests, hearing aid provisions, and laser eye surgery expenses.
If you are a visitor to the UAE, it is important to understand that you will not be covered by the country’s national health insurance plan. Instead, you will need to purchase travel insurance before you arrive in the UAE. Travel insurance typically covers a range of medical expenses, including hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and prescription medications.
Insurance Companies in the UAE
list of health insurance companies that provide medical services in association with the Emirates ID card:
- Daman: Daman is a significant health insurance provider in the UAE, offering a variety of insurance products such as individual and family health insurance plans, corporate group health insurance, and travel insurance.
- Orient: Orient is an Oman Insurance Company subsidiary that provides insurance solutions to individuals, families, and enterprises in the UAE. They provide a range of health insurance products, including individual, family, and group policies.
- Oman Insurance Company: Oman Insurance Company is a leading insurance provider in the UAE and the wider GCC region. They offer a range of insurance products, including health, life, travel, and motor insurance.
- Noor Takaful: Noor Takaful is a Sharia-compliant insurance company that offers a range of insurance products, including health insurance, life insurance, and motor insurance.
- RAK: RAK Insurance is a renowned UAE-based insurance firm that provides a variety of insurance products, such as health, life, travel, and auto insurance.
- Dar Al Takaful: Dar Al Takaful is a Sharia-compliant insurance company that provides insurance solutions to individuals and businesses in the UAE. They offer health, life, and travel insurance, among other products.
- Takaful Emarat: Takaful Emarat is an Islamic insurance firm in the UAE that offers insurance to individuals and companies. They provide health, life, and auto insurance, among other services.
How Useful is the New Initiative?
Introducing a groundbreaking initiative, the collaboration of esteemed health authorities such as the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), Dubai Health Authority (DHA), the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), health care services of the Armed Forces, and Pure Health brings immense value to the healthcare landscape. This remarkable step taken by the UAE’s health authorities promises to revolutionize healthcare quality through the implementation of precise claim processing.
By leveraging an interconnected database linked to the platform, this initiative aims to accomplish the following key objectives:
- Performance Assessment: By facilitating comprehensive performance assessments, the initiative ensures that healthcare providers deliver optimal care, enabling continual improvements in quality.
- Seamless Digital Flow of Information: With a strong emphasis on streamlining information exchange, the initiative enables effortless digital transmission of critical healthcare data. This seamless integration enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare services.
- Automation of the Healthcare System: Through the automation of various healthcare processes, the initiative significantly reduces manual intervention, minimizes errors, and enhances overall operational efficiency. This automation revolutionizes healthcare delivery, making it more accurate and timely.
- All-in-One Card : All-in-One Card with Comprehensive Benefits The initiative presents a unified approach by providing individuals with a single card that grants access to a multitude of healthcare benefits. This integrated solution simplifies healthcare administration and ensures a seamless experience for patients.
- Centralized Storage of Patient Medical Records: The platform serves as a secure repository for storing comprehensive medical records for patients. This centralized system empowers healthcare professionals to make informed and effective medical decisions, leveraging the wealth of patient data available at their fingertips.
With the consolidated and accurate data available on a single platform, healthcare providers can make timely, well-informed decisions, ensuring the highest quality of care for patients.
Linking your Emirates ID to your health insurance in the UAE offers numerous benefits, including easy access to information, verification of coverage, hassle-free claims, and enhanced security. However, it is important to note that the Emirates ID card itself is not a substitute for medical insurance. Residents are required to have health insurance coverage, typically provided by their employer, while visitors should obtain travel insurance. By understanding the connection between Emirates ID and health insurance, individuals can make informed decisions about their healthcare needs in the UAE.